Thursday, February 23, 2017

Build Hope.

I go back to the whole dancing part because it represents my culture and all that, and being Hispanic is a huge deal to me but recently with what is going on it's become nerve wrecking to take pride in who I am. We've recently have made Trump our president and it hasn't hit me completely till recently how scary it truly is. Last week my family and I were driving past 29th and right by the highway they had so many cop cars pulling people over and asking for ID's or papers. It was an interrogation to my people and it's sad that America has come to this.

My father got here at 15 years old and brought his family over with him and hearing him say that even though we are in danger we should give him a chance to see what good he can truly bring, but I know deep down he is scared as hell to lose what he has worked so hard for us to have. I being a citizen feel like I am seen as a criminal when I get asked questions about my residency or if I am even from here and it shouldn't have to be like that. 

So I am sticking to what my dad said and agree to see what good Trump can bring (even if I don't have a choice) I want people to realize we are not the enemy we are human beings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment