Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Dance Off.

Dancing has always been such a huge part of my life. I use to dance for applause studios when I was around 5 but I fell in love with a different type of dance called  folklorico. 

It has been tradition for every member in our family to dance this. It is majestic,colorful,beautiful with the different meanings behind each dance and as well as the passion it comes with. It is such a cultural influence by what you learn through folklorico. It gives you a piece of every different part of Mexico.

My parents actually met through dance when they started a group with my uncle named Norahua and since then my siblings and I followed along side with them. I've danced with Norahua for about 9 years and I learned so much of the importance of culture. 

I no longer dance for my uncle's group but for a new group named Xochipilli. I stopped dancing with Norahua because of the problems with family and how things were taken personal inside and outside the group and my love for dancing was being taken away, so I set myself apart from the drama and decided to quit.

Now that I am back to doing what I love after 4 years it feels great showing my pride in being hispanic and proud through entertainment and passion. 


Xochipilli dance group


sister,mom, and I

Dad helping during dance parade




No comments:

Post a Comment