Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Time to Adult.

I didn't realize how annoying trying to be an adult was going to be. It's like you have to remind yourself to clean,pay bills, wash the dishes all on your own. I was so use to my parents reminding me to do all that,it started to become a routine for me. 

The worse problem we had was groceries. Literally it was so annoying trying to not go overboard especially since my bank account didn't allow it. I would even go to my parents house to see what my mom would be kind enough to donate to our "Broke College Student Fund". It was nice and all until my dad started the whole lecture again about why I even moved out. I didn't understand him, he was the one that said go for it while my mom was against it completely. I didn't know how to respond to him without being a smart ass because being Hispanic with a super traditional dad was like asking for a death sentence. 

Everyday still feels like a challenge. I'm always stressed if our bills are going to be on time,if rent is paid, making decisions on whether having air conditioning is even worth it and if we really need food to survive. Trying to adult literally sucks. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment